The 100BASE-T1 USB Interface (Media Converter) connects a 100BASE-T1 network to any computer with an USB port. The converter acts as an Ethernet network interface card when plugged into an USB port. The interface easily connects Automotive Ethernet devices with OPEN Alliance BroadR-Reach (OABR) port, such as cameras or ECUs, directly to any PC without a need of an on-board network card.
The interface establishes a point-to-point link between an unshielded twisted-pair IEEE 100BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) port and USB-LAN port, and works as a Network Interface Card allowing the user to configure the network adapter’s parameters, such as IP address and mask. The converter features a DSUB9 (BroadR-Reach, CAN bus) and Micro-USB connector. The OABR channel’s Master/Slave configuration is selected by a switch button or programmatically.
- 100BASE-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) to USB-LAN Interface
- Acts as USB 2.0 Network Adapter Card
- Master / Slave configuration by on-board dip switches or programmatically
- USB powered
- 4 Status LEDs
- DSUB9 connector for T1 and CAN bus, Micro-USB for USB 2.0
- Automatic polarity detection for OABR Slave
- Media test for T1 cable – can detect a shortage, cut-off and impedance mismatch
- Table top or DIN-rail mount
- Configuration and diagostic over USB COM port (CDC) and CAN bus
100BASE-T1 USB Interface offers a possibility to access SMI registers of the 100BASE-T1 transreceiver (PHY) via a CAN bus or a USB’s virtual serial port. This enables the user to evaluate signal strength, detect polarity of the T1 port, carry out a BroadR-Reach media test to diagnose cable errors, fine-tune the PHYs parameters, and generally to read and write the registers.