The Dearborn Protocol Adapter 5 is DG Technologies’ tool of choice for diagnosing and reprogramming heavy duty trucks, buses, construction, agriculture, military, and industrial stationary equipment. The DPA 5 also has selective support for automotive vehicles.
- Eliminates the need for multiple vehicle data link adapters
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Two Dual Wire CAN Channels that support auto baud detection (125K, 250K, 500K and 1,000K)
- RP1210 compliant drivers that will work with heavy duty OEM applications
- DG Diagnostics and Adapter Validation Tool included for immediate troubleshooting of vehicles
- Limited J2534 support can be used with OEM applications
See table below for protocols supported by the DPA hardware
- Custom built diagnostic kits for fleet owners
- US-based experienced technical support team
- Standard two-year warranty included
Here we can see DM1 Fault codes from a J1939 ECU, the software also shows OBDII complaint fault codes from non-J1939 ECU’s. the view also shows the Source address of the ECU producing the Fault code.
Fault Code Types
The software gives a list of the different fault code types for ease.
Here we are connected to a dual-purpose ECU for the Engine and Retarder, when connected to a network this view shows all ECU information that complies with the protocol.
J1939 SPN Data (Dynamic Data)
View key dynamic data. Here we see J1939 data, OBDII compliant data will also be shown.
DG Diagnostics shows vehicle data and trip data as well as allowing for Engine Configuration to be shown.
PGN and Data View
The software features a J1939 Raw data Trace view showing the PGN Data Length and Data.
J1939 Signal data physical or real values are displayed within another layout. Here we can see the PGN Cab Message 1 signal values.
DG Diagnostics also gives the ability to view CAN Bus Statistics.